Smoked Pork Belly 300g (Avg Wt)
100% Pork Belly
This product has been individually vacuum-sealed, and flash frozen to preserve the incredible taste, freshness and quality. Defrost in the refrigerator and use within 5 to 7 days. For best results remove from refrigerator and packaging for up to 20 minutes prior to cooking.
PORK MEAT, NITRATE SALT, SEA SALT, GARLIC POWDER, ONION POWDER, MEAT FLAVOUR, HAM STAR, NATURAL WOOD SMOKE
Cooking Instructions :
Prep the Pork Belly:
- If the pork belly is not already scored (has crisscross cuts on the skin), use a sharp knife to score the skin in a crisscross pattern. This helps the skin crisp up during cooking.
- Pat the pork belly dry with paper towels. Moisture on the skin can hinder crisping.
- Rub the skin and meat side of the pork belly with a generous amount of salt and pepper. You can also add other seasonings or herbs of your choice, like garlic powder, paprika, thyme, or rosemary.
- For even better results, you can let the seasoned pork belly sit uncovered in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. This allows the skin to dry out further, promoting crispiness.
Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
Prepare the Baking Sheet:
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. This elevates the pork belly, allowing heat to circulate evenly.
Position the Pork Belly:
- Place the pork belly on the wire rack, skin side up. Make sure the pork belly is in the center of the rack.
Roast in the Oven:
- Put the baking sheet with the pork belly in the preheated oven. Roast for about 2 to 2.5 hours, or until the pork belly is tender and the skin has become crispy. The exact time can vary based on the size and thickness of the pork belly.
- After about an hour of cooking, you can start checking the skin's crispiness. If it's not yet crispy enough, continue cooking and check every 15 minutes or so.
Increase Heat for Crisping (Optional):
- If the skin hasn't crisped up as desired after the pork belly is cooked through, you can briefly increase the oven temperature to 450°F (230°C) and keep a close eye on it. This will help the skin blister and become crackling.
Rest and Slice:
- Once the pork belly is cooked to your liking, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before slicing. This helps redistribute the juices and makes slicing easier.
Slice and Serve:
- Use a sharp knife to slice the pork belly into desired portions. Serve the crispy skin and tender meat together.
- Enjoy your oven-cooked pork belly with your favorite side dishes and sauces.